Adsense

Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Take Me Out to The Ball Game

Yesterday I got to experience my first Yankee Game! it was so exciting and they ended up coming back to win by 1 in the eighth it was a great game. 
The reason I wanted to do a post on my experience at the Yankee game is because it can be a great date night idea or even a great trip with the family. Now maybe not to Yankee stadium but your local major or minor league game. Our tickets were only 6 dollars online and there was truely not a bad seat so even though we were up in the top section it was an amazing view and we could see everything clearly. 
So along with this post I am gonig to give you a few of my tips for a great game day with your significant other or your family. 

5 Tips for a Great Baseball game experience

1. Get there early!! we got to the stadium about an hour and a half early which was great because we had plenty of time to find our seats and get to watch some batting practice which for you kids can be alot of fun to watch them practice 
2. Now we didn't do this but if you have kids I would recomend getting bleacher seats, that way when home runs are hit your kids can have the chance to catch one, also durring batting practice they are thrown pitches to hit not to trick like in a game so durring batting practice there are alot more balls hit out to the bleacher seats and you have a better chance of catching one. 
3. If your local stadium has a museaum check it out the museaum at yankee stadium is free and was really cool they have photo ops through out lots of cool memorabilia
above are jus a few things that you can see at the Yankee museaum
4. Do your research on transportation, origionally Eddie and I planned on driving but I am so glad we decided not to. Besides the fact that not driving ment that we could both have a beer, we were both pretty tired after the excitement of the last few innings and the mass of people trying to get out of those parking garages was crazy!! So we opted to take the train which for yankee stadium is perfect we were able to take the train from about 10 min from our appartment and the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines all have special scheduals for game days so we got on one train and it took us right to the stadium and then right back to our local train station after. 
5. Eat before you get there!! stadium food is crazy priced I caved and bought some onion rings and they were 6 dollars for about 10 of them! However, to avoid any more caving from either of us we got subway and ate it on the train once we were about 20 min out from the stadium and it held us really well (until I saw someone else with onion rings I just couldn't resist) Same goes for buying apparel, and alcohol, visit your local sporting goods store the week before I can almost garuntee it will be cheaper. Also beer was really expensive our trick was to save up our change from the last few weeks and we went to a coin star right before we left and used our left over change as our beer money. 

we went alittle selfie crazy

I hope you enjoyed my tips for a great experience and consider taking a night out at a ball game for a great family outing or date night idea. I know we had fun and I am sure you will too! 
Stephaniexx

No comments:

Post a Comment