Adsense

Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Mini Eggplant Parmesan

So when I went to the grocery store on monday I was wandering through the fresh produce sections trying to find good zucchini to pick when I saw eggplant and I thought "hm why I have a never tried to cook with eggplant before" and So I picked my self up a baby eggplant and spent the week contemplating what i should do with it. Now eggplant parmesan is the usual that would come to mind but I wanted throw in a kick to it change up the usual and so I thought of other ways I could work with it, eventually I stumbled on the idea of making it like a bruschetta and her I am. 

Ingredients: 
- 1 baby eggplant 
- 1 Can of Diced tomatos ( I got the green pepper and onion one from Delmonte)
- 1 egg
- Kraft Fresh Take Parmesan and bread Crumbs 
- Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese

So Kraft makes these nifty things for the person who is short on time they are genius! Shake and bake your way to plenty of opportunities with these babies and there are multiple flavors. 

Directions:
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peal the eggplant and Slice it in to decently thin slices
- Egg the Slices of Eggplant then add them to the bag provided with fresh take and shake away
- Lay the breaded slices flat on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes
- While the Eggplant is baking prepare the tomatos, Pour them in to a small sauce pan over low heat I like to add garlic powder or dried basil but thats up to you
- Once the Eggplant are baked take them out and scoop out a few tomatos to place on each slice of eggplant sprinkle on some shredded mozzarella 
- bake for another 5 to 10 minutes 
ENJOY! 

Let me know if you try out this style of eggplant parm and what you think! 
Stephaniexx



No comments:

Post a Comment