Adsense

Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Turkey Quesadilla


The other day for lunch I was staring in my refrigerator thinking lunch is the HARDEST meal to come up with! I never really come up with a good healthy meal for lunch thats, when I saw my .5lb of turkey and thought what can I do with this and eventually this quesadilla came to my mind. It was delicious and really simple to make!! 

What You'll Need
- about a half pound of lean ground turkey 
- 1/2 cup of green peppers
- 1 stalk of celery 
- 1/8 cup of cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce to your liking
- 1 tortilla ( I used an original one because it was all that was in the house but use whole wheat or any kind you would like)

What to do
- defrost the turkey if frozen 
- Chop the vegetables in to small pieces 
- Then place the vegetables in a frying pan with a very small amount of cooking spray or oil on medium heat and cover for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are starting to soften 
- Once they have begun to soften add in the ground turkey and mix until turkey is well cooked
- for the next step I used a griddle set at 350 degrees but you can use a grill or oven which ever is available to you
- first place the tortilla on the griddle or grill to warm it up alittle then add the turkey and vegetable mix and sprinkle with cheese then add the hot sauce to your own liking
- fold over the tortilla and flip about half way through cooking total cook time is about 10 minutes
- cut in to three pieces and enjoy! 
- you make about two servings out of this I split mine with my mom or you can refrigerate them and enjoy the next day! 


Let me know what you think of this recipe in a comment below! 
Stephaniexx



No comments:

Post a Comment